About Unearthed Comics
Unearthed Comics is a webcomic that updates several times a week, featuring science comics, parenting humor, business jokes, social media cartoons, relationship comics, environmental humor, self-help/personal growth comics, technology cartoons, and health humor. It is often curated by an anthropomorphic “Marilyn Earth” character and is doused in double entendres, word-play, and more. Unearthed Comics is broken down into several character groups, including:
- Earth, Moon and Friends – astronomy, science and parenting comics
- Parenting – comics about this endearing connection often with frustrating responsibility
- Nature and Science – mishaps of an innocently, narcissistic environment
- Illusions of Adulting – a comic narrative on Webtoons about relationships and illusion versus reality
- Personal Growth and Self Help – shifting from the illusion of victimhood to a creator-based reality through comics, puns, and law of attraction wisdom
- Business and Technology – comic observations around business, social media, marketing and technology
- Illustrated Essays – humorous insights and articles with illustrations and comics
Unearthed Comics has been featured on Huffington Post, Forbes.com, Upworthy, Scientific American, The Environmentalist, Mashable, Hyperallergic, George Takei’s and Amy Poehler’s pages on Facebook, front page of Cheezburger, BoredPanda, the Daily Dot, and IFLScience on Facebook.
Follow Unearthed Comics on:
- Huffington Post
- Help support Unearthed Comics through Patreon or buy me a cup of coffee through a donation.
About Sara Zimmerman, the Artist
Sara Zimmerman is a cartoonist, artist, writer, climber, board-sport-athlete, mom, and business owner who started Unearthed Comics in 2012. Sara loves creating – whether it be drawing comics, painting, writing, or playing drums – expressing to the world that life is full of choices and it’s up to us to be empowered to take responsibility for our lives. Sara has successfully ran her own boutique web and graphic design firm for over a decade as well as owned/operated the first women’s surf shop in Northern California. Sara has self-published two Unearthed Comics’ books, is a regular contributor for The Huffington Post and Upworthy, has been on CNN and NPR, and has had Unearthed Comics featured all over the internet. She lives with her husband and daughter in the beautiful Lake Tahoe area of California.
- Visit Sara’s website
- Follow Sara on Instagram
- Follow Sara’s writing on The Huffington Post
- Sara and Rob’s Band website
About Rob Zimmerman, Writer/Editor and our “Behind-the-Scenes” Man
My husband, Rob, is the backbone of Unearthed Comics, providing exceptional humor as a main writer and undying support as the Unearthed Comics webmaster, comic editor, business manager, and all around awesome guy. He regularly listens to my silly ideas and contributes by adding his own ideas as well as the storyline behind our “At Home With Dad” comic mini-series. He loves to climb, sing, play guitar, wakeboard, mountain bike, snowboard, boat, play with our daughter, and a zillion other things. He’s good at about everything, which makes my life so easy. He’s rad and I know I wouldn’t be creating so many comics without his support. A huge high-five to my great husband!