Earth, Moon, and Friends
Earth, Moon and Friends provide humor, optimism and inspiration through their playful observations, creativity, and sometimes cynicism, in their relationships and worldly scenarios.
Creative • Optimistic • Inspired • Real • Cynical • Playful • Connected
With unwavering determination and inspired creativity, we can create anything, including good from bad.
Earth, Moon and Friends show that with optimism and inspired action, we can all be creators in our own lives. Regardless of differences in background and physical location, all families and friends share similar experiences. Yes, we all know love, hope, and joy, but everyone also makes mistakes and understands what it feels like to have bad days. However, together, with determination, inspiration, and hope, we can work through any adversities to make our solar system, and lives, better. Sometimes we’re cynical, yet we can actively choose what we want to stay focused on with Earth, Moon and Friends showing us how.
The Earth, Moon and Sun operate like a familial unit, without the formal designation of “mother,” “father,” and “child.” The Earth is portrayed as female, the Sun as male, and the moon is somewhat androgynous, though representing a female child as well as the psychological “inner child.”
The Earth is a true creator, (literally the creator of her world.). Sometimes she cares so much about making things right that she falls victim to her ego and emotions. This provides an opportunity for the Earth to create a new way to view her circumstance and to make positive choices, which inspires the rest of the universe.
The Moon acts as the innocent child who helps the Earth step back to witness a more positive, objective perspective on life. However, like a child, sometimes the Moon has thoughts of her own, which include temper tantrums.
The Sun has a lot of responsibilities as the center of it all, trying to hold the whole solar system in place. He cares so much about his planetary family, that he does all that he can, but sometimes makes mistakes, too. Together the Earth, Moon and Sun family depict a loving, inspired familial life while juggling their existence in the solar system and their compelling relationships with their out-of-this-world community.
In general, most of the situations depicted in these comics are completely obscure with slight connections to correlations found in true science. It’s the combination of the aspects of relationship, psychology, and science humor that makes each comic deeper and more relatable. However, it’s important to reiterate that these planetary circumstances are not scientifically correct.
Traits of Existing Characters:
- Is named “Marilyn Earth”
- The literal creator of her own world
- Loves nature but also likes to have fun and be creative, so likes some man-made things
- Wants to focus on the good but has that inner cynical voice that makes it hard to get past the negative (sometimes this is epitomized by what black holes, and Mars, may say).
- Is really good at creation and loves inspiring others
- Is the only character that regularly wears a skirt (made of clouds) and shoes.
- She was originally based on Marilyn Monroe in an Earth Day celebration comic made in 2013.
- Androgynous BFF to Earth (somewhat female, but dresses both ways when inspired)
- Very innocent; looks for the best
- Like a child; represents the innocence of the inner child
- Goes along with what Earth wants to do; very much a follower
- Earth totally trusts Moon; feeling is mutual
- Moon tells it like it is from an innocent perspective
- Represents trusting gut instinct
- Male, like a father to Moon, husband to Earth.
- Free spirit who is totally ok with himself.
- Loves privacy, but is the center of everything.
- Has stereotypical male attributes in his relationships
- Wants the ultimate best for Earth and Moon, but sometimes messes up
- Sometimes epitomizes the inner critic without knowing
- Has some anger issues (which create solar flares)
- Governs more by reason than intuition
- Displays more of the negative male-relationship aspects
- Has a large following which makes Earth a bit jealous
- Does NOT want to have humans at all
- Narcissistic and wants to be the center of everything
- Assertive, takes initiate, and is self-driven. But, often takes action too quickly before thinking things through.
- Likes Earth, but doesn’t show it well.
- Black holes
- Unaware that they are total energy vampires
- Like the Debbie Downer type of friend
- Those who do want to be positive end up sucking up everything accidentally
- Friends who come back;
- Able to break through the pain of the past and reach their fullest potential
- Only come around once in awhile because so busy doing inner work and making their way
- Like internet trolls who ruin it for the others
- Very destructive
- Unaware of anything around them, don’t use turn signals, don’t care about laws or rules. They just blaze through the solar system, making their own way.
- Other Stars:
- Bright, aware, and conscious
- Optimistic, helpful